Wednesday 6 July 2011

TOR

Like all good civil servants, I know that no review should begin without full terms of reference (TOR - a little joke for all you humble functionaries out there) to be rigidly adhered to throughout. The terms for this review are:

to survey all the gins in the world, describe how they taste, and rank them against one another. Gin will be drunk in the form of gin and tonic.

I also know that Google is an excellent place to search for information that you want, but don't actually have. With the help of this (actually quite dubious) website
http://www.ginwisdom.com/index.html
I have decided that all gins will be measured against the following criteria:

1. Fragrance
2. Botanicals
3. Smoothness
4. Potential to make you look sophisticated and intelligent

All criteria will be marked out of 5, combining to make an overall score out of 20
I will review a minimum of one gin an month until I run out of gins, get bored or develop an alcohol-related disease. In the interests of consistency I will be using Fever Tree tonic unless I can't get hold of any or unless I am too broke. At no point will I start distilling my own gin, no matter how much fun I think it might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment