Thursday 26 February 2009

Pancakery

This has been a busy, and indeed, exciting, week for food and me.

On Sunday night I went to Numidie in Crystal Palace, ending the weekend in fine dining style with lambs liver in port sauce, fish tagine and creme brulee. It was, as expected, great. We also had wine, though as we had come straight from the pub I am not quite sure what it was. It was suitably amazing. Anyway they are doing 3 courses from the set menu for £14 on Sunday evenings, so anyone who can get down there probably should.

This week also saw one of the most important days in the carb-loading year, pancake day. As well as having pancakes out at the Breakfast Club at Angel (£5 for Scottish/American pancakes with maple syrup, creme fraiche and berries), I also had Ciaran and Leah over for pancakes, cider and general fun. Following Katie's bold example a few years ago, I did a first course of spinach and ricotta pancakes, salad and what ended up being a kind of yellow split pea hummus, followed of course by pudding pancakes. Sadly I have no photos, but had leftovers for breakfast the following morning and so can capture the fineness of batter, nutella, creme fraiche, blueberries and another unnamed fruit above.

During my foray up to Angel I also noticed that Tinderbox, a fantastic coffee place amidst all the many Starbucks there, has moved. So if you are ever over at Angel and in need of coffee, do not despair, just go to the newish shopping centre, look up and you will see it. How's that for a bad set of directions?!

Friday merits a post all of its own, so the culinary week ends on Friday with a trip to Pizza Hut at Baker Street. What can I say? It was everything I wanted and in many ways so much more - I even had my leftovers for Friday's lunch - but still not a patch on Dino's...how I miss them!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you did not put the salad on the same plate as the pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did actually, but it worked out ok. I was not unduly traumatised.

    ReplyDelete